CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, March 2, 2009

3CTC2, Blue, Brown, and Buttons

Kerry this is an apology to you I had your Thursday challenge card just about done Thursday afternoon but then...

Last week was our first week back to school after a wonderful week off. It kinds of reminds me that Spring is close and we are on the home stretch for the end of the school year. It can be a tiring week so when Thursday came and I fell asleep on the couch right after dinner I just shrugged it off. Friday I was tired again but still just said that I was glad it was the end of the week. Friday night I woke up and boy was I feeling awful. An awful sore throat, headache, chills one minute and sweats the next. Saturday I got up and felt not any better but dragged myself out of the house because I had an appt. for a haircut and didn't want to cancel it. Needless to say I wasn't any better Saturday night or Sunday. By Sunday night I was worse and ended up at the ER. Five hours later, 1:00 am, after being poked, drilled and medicated, they sent me home. I had a temp of 103 and major case of strep throat and an ear infection. Thank goodness for the snowstorm today because school was canceled. I will hopefully only have to miss tomorrow the doctor said by tomorrow night I should feel alot better and be able to swallow.
I did finish assembling your card today and scanned it (it came out a little darker than it should have) I hate being this late but couldn't even think about cards. I really like your challenges keep up the creative ideas!!!

Supplies:
Stamps: Hero Arts, Wordsworth
CS: SU Choc. Chip, Baja Breeze, and DP SU (I love the texture on it)
Ink: Baja Breeze and Choc. Chip
Accessories: Nesties, SU punch, Michael's ribbon, misc buttons and pearl stickers from Michaels

I am going to try to do MJ Monday's challenge card tomorrow, so check back to see if I get it done it looks like a fun sketch!

Thanks for looking,
Mary

7 comments:

Kerry D-C said...

so what's your excuse???? JK! I hope that you do feel better soon. I have been sick for 2 weeks. I am just finally starting to be on the upswing.
There is no "late" do them when you can, if you can!

Well, This card came out GORGEOUS! How'd you like adding brown to your True Blue Creation?!

Michelle Quinno said...

Oh, Mary, you poor thing! I hope you feel better soon. I'm glad you had an extra day to rest too.

Your card is beautiful!

Anonymous said...

that is just gorgeous!

-- dalis

Peggy said...

Wow. I figured you still were not feeling well and that's why I didn't hear from you. I hope you are feeling better. Great job! Don't you love this paper!

Kimberly Gajewski said...

Beautifully done! Love the ribbon! This is such a great design! You did a terrific job with Kerry's challenge! :D

Pia said...

Oh no Mary! My boys were sick during vacation, but just bad colds. I am so glad you are on the mend.

Your card is great! I love what you did for the challenge.

Sue from Oregon said...

Absolute wonderful card! Thanks for joining us on the BBB challenge over at Kerry's! Especially love this sentiment on this card.