CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, September 19, 2009

Fall Pleasures, Copic Creations Challenge #12


I love making Fall themed cards. I don't know if it's the beautiful colors or what the card represents, warm sweaters, colorful trees, crisp apples and pumpkins or Thanksgiving right around the corner. I made this card for the Copic Creations challenge #12, Copics and pencils.
I always knew you could color pencil over Copics to give depth or a touch of shading to an image, I just never thought to do it. Before I used Copics I seemed to color everything with Prisma Colored Pencils and Gamsol, then the Copic bug bit me and the pencils went into the draw and haven't seen the light of day until now. I colored over the Copics on the mouse's fur, the pumpkin and the leaves. I like the look of it, so thanks for this challenge. I think the pencils will stay out.

This cute image isn't my usual Fall image that I would buy but at my LSS it caught my eye on a sample card just as we walked in the store and sure enough it came home with me. I really didn't need another pumpkin but the candy corns were so different. The back round on the card was something new for me, it is digi DP from Gina K. I think I could really get use to using digi DP. I will still love my 6x6 packs of paper because it is scaled down for cards but this is a nice alternative. On top of the DP I punched squares out of the Cuttlebug embossed pumpkin patch.

I wanted to try something diffeent with the embossing. I also popped up some of the candy corns and glittered the veins on the leaves for some sparkle.

Supplies
Stamps: Great Impressions
Paper: SU Only Orange, Kiwi Kiss, Garden Green, Papertrey White and DP Gina K digi
Coloring: Copics, Prisma Colored Pencils, SU Kiwi Kiss, Memento Black
Accessories: Su Square Punch, Nesties, Cuttlebug Embossing Folder, Kaiser Pearls, Michaels Ribbon, Signo White Pen and SU Glitter

I hope you like what I created. I really appreciate you stopping by and leaving a comment about my cards.

Enjoy the day,
Mary



5 comments:

Peggy said...

I love the squares. Great idea Mary! The pop up's look great.

Jane Wetzel said...

very cute and I LOVE Fall too! Nice job on your coloring and thanks for joining us in the CC challenge! :)

Michelle Quinno said...

How adorable! Love the popped up candy corn and the areas you added glitter to.

Deb said...

What an adorable image! You're right, the candy corn really gets your attention! Love all the beautiful textures you added, and that soft ribbon!

"Kirby" (KrB) said...

What a great card and a sweet little image. Love all that candy corn. Thanks for joining our Copic Creations challenge.