CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, July 4, 2010

Happy Birthday To You! Happy Birthday To You!

Happy 4th of July! It is really hot here today and they are saying that it is going to stay in the 90's (feel like it's over 100) most of the week. I spent a lot of the morning working in the garden to try to help the plants hold up under such sun and heat. I hate when everything looks droopy.

I decided I needed a break inside in the AC so I finished up this card that a friend asked me to make for her grandson's birthday. She asked that it be bright and glittery, everything else was up to me. I had these ducks from Sassy Cheryl's digis that I love and thought they looked like they were celebrating so I put the words to Happy Birthday on the card like they are singing it. I used glitter DP and I also the green stripes on the second DP is also glittered. You can't see in the pic but the buttons on the bottom are also glitter buttons. I think I took care of bright and glittery, I wish it showed up more in my photo. I think he will laugh when he sees it!

These are some challenges that fit my card

Create 4 Fun Challenge Week 27-They have a great sketch this week that I used on my card.
Stampavie and More Challenge #101-Their challenge this week is "sparkling". I have that covered I think!
Crafts and Me Challenge-This challenge is to create a card for a birthday.
Paperplay Challenge Week 26-The challenge this week is to create a card for a child or teen. Mine is for a 5 year old boy.
Copic Creations Challenge #31-Create a card that has a "bird" and is colored with Copics.
Stamp With Fun Challenge 65-This week their theme is to create a card with a birthday theme!
Digi Doodles Shop's Best Challenge #14-This fun challenge is to use circles and dots on your creation. I have them everywhere!
Alota Rubber Stamps Challenge #38-For this challenge they would like you to decorate the outside and inside of your card.
Crazy4Challenges C4C44-Their challenge this week is to use a least 2 different ribbons on your creation. I love this funky ribbon I found at my LSS!
Incy Wincy Designs Challenge 48-This challenge is to use something with wings on your card. These ducks are definitely flapping their wings!
Everybody Art Challenge #97-This challenge this week is all about "Birthdays".
A Spoonful of Sugar Challenge 110-This challenge is called "Animal Crackers". How fun is that!
If The Shoe Fits Challenge FF#40-This challenge is called "Spread your Wings". They want you to have wings on your creation.
Lots To Do Challenge Week 26-This challenge this week is to have a hat or crown on your creation. One of these dancing ducks definitely has his "party hat" on!
Cuttlebug Challenge Be Inspired #90-The challenge this week is to create an easel card. I wanted a surprise element for this card so I made it an easel card.

These are all fantastic challenges so be sure to stop by and see all the wonderful creations they have. Maybe you even want to play with some of them!

Supplies
Stamps: Sassy Cheryl's Digi Stamps
Paper: SU Green Galore, Tempting Turquoise, Papertrey White CS, DP S.E.I. , Glitter DP unknown
Inks: Copics
Accessories: Circle Nesties, SU Scallop Punch, Cuttlebug Embossing Folder, American Crafts Glitter Buttons, Recollection Sticker Pearls, LSS Ribbon

Thanks so much for stopping by today to see what I created. I really appreciate all your wonderful comments that you leave for me to read.

Happy Creating,
Mary

29 comments:

gina g said...

Hi Mary gorgeous card fab image and great colours too. Thanks for joining us at Crafts and Me for our challenge. luv gina xx

Sandee Shanabrough said...

So so cute! Thanks so much for joining us this week at the Cuttlebug Challenge Blog!

Anonymous said...

This is adorable!

Amber said...

I live on a farm and have ducks, so I LOVE this card!
DDSB Hugs
Amber

Marie said...

Adorable card! Thank you for participating in the Alot challenge!

crafty creations said...

Fabuolous card and I'm sure he'll love it

Thanks for sharing your work with the Lotstodo Challenge xx Hilda

Karen said...

Great card, the image made me smile, thanks for joining us at Digi Doodle Shops Best.
xx

June Houck said...

Holy Moly, anyone would be thrilled to get this card! The dancing ducks alone make me smile, but your fabulous color choices, glitter buttons, and terrific ribbon make this a jaw-dropping card. I think I have a sticker glitter paper like that in my stash that is nearly 10 years old. I don't think I have ever used it. Now I want to go find some fab ribbon and buttons to match. Your card is so inspiring!

June Houck
http://cuttlebugchallenge.blogspot.com/

Femmy said...

it's beautiful!!!

Jayne Hayward said...

Love the image and the dp used. Thanks for joining in with us on DDSB

Jayne xx

Andrea said...

Very great card - wonderful design and image and color. Like it! Thanks for joining stamp with fun.
Hugs
Andrea-Emmi41

Judy said...

Awwww,

What a sweet birthday card. I love your joyful colors you used. So nicely done. Thank you so much for entering this in our challenge at Digi Doodle Shop's Best.

Hugs
Judy

lesleyworth said...

this card just makes me giggle! LOVE IT! the colors are so bright and fabulous! thanks for playing along with us at the Shoe!

Powerful Search Engine said...

A really fun and happy card. I love the colours and those ribbons are gorgeous. Thanks for sharing with us at Digi Doodle shops best challenge hugs Pascale

Peggy said...

This is so cute Mary! I love it and I'm sure Jake will too.

Lilian said...

Wow! I think it's amazing that you were able to incorporate all these challenges in your card! Awesome work! Thanks for joining the Copic Creations challenge! :)

KymKreates said...

Your project is delightful! I am soooo glad you went round in circles and got dotty with us at Digi Doodle Shop's Best! Good Luck!
KymKreates

Ria Zonnestraaltje said...

lovely card:) thanks for joining us this time at Alota Rubberstamp Challenges.
hugs Ria

Michelle Quinno said...

Awww, that is so cute, Mary!

Jaqi said...

Stunning, what a fabulous card adore the colours , its a lucky person who will be getting this , its fab

Unknown said...

Wow! Your card is gorgeous! So glittery and sparkly - you really nailed it! I bet your friend will just love it...and so many challenges...oh my! Thanks for joining in with PaperPlay Challenges this week and good luck!
Alicia xx

Anonymous said...

This is totally beautiful..
Thanks for joining in with The Cuttlebug Challenges..great to see you
Terrie
http://cuttlebugchallenge.blogspot.com/

Mandy said...

Gorgeous card Mary, so cute. love the bright colours.
Thanks for joining us at Paper Play
hugs Mandy xx

Monika Reeck said...

cute Images and love all your Perl dear...totally Adorable...thanks for joining our challenge at Digi Doodle Shop's Best.Hugs, Monika

Karen Howard said...

Gorgeous card and love what you've done with the image!!! Thanks for playing along with the Digi Doodle Shop's Best!

Unknown said...

these ducks are too cute!!! thanks for joining us at the Shoe this week, i love your card!

Heather said...

Fabulous card Mary, great design, fabulous papers and colours. Those ducks are just too cute for words.
Thanks so much for playing along with us at Copic Creations.
hugs Heather xx

Cheryl Walker said...

Super cute!!! Love the easel card design, I think I need to do another one of these, its been along while for me :) hehehe

Beautiful job on Alot's Inside Out challenge, and thank you for joining us!!!
Hugs,
Cheryl

kaylou said...

Hi
what a stunning card, so beautiful, thank you for joining us at Stampavie and more.
Hugs Kaylou xoxo